2012/07/02

2012.06.28 - 2012.07.01

Friday's WOD:
"Eric"
AMRAP 20 min
6 squat clean thrusters (63#)
12 kb swings (1P)
18 push ups (knees)

I completed 4 rounds plus 10 reps (6 thrusters and 4 kb swings). My hand ripped on the last thruster (dang it!). I need to work on squats; I get all wobbly at my lowest point. Spread your knees!

Saturday:

Did Pilates through the gym in the morning. Fact: I need to work on my flexibility. Aren't all girls supposed to be somewhat naturally flexible? This has never been the case for me. I remember not getting the Presidential fitness awards in grade school because my Far Reaches were not-so-far reaches... I need a good stretch routine to run through after the WODs.

I stayed for the Nutrition seminar, which I have mixed feelings about. The trainer, Ricky, talked a lot about Paleo and the Zone diets (which I'm quite familiar with), but focused more on the science behind it. I'm glad that he reminded me of the Zone, because portions MATTER. I sometimes think that just because I'm eating clean, I don't need to pay attention to how much I'm eating. I think that my experience lets me "eye" a good meal portion, but this is not the case. You need to look at quality (Paleo) AND quantity (Zone). That's the most I got out of the seminar - just a reminder. It was hard for me not to roll my eyes and disengage when Ricky started talking about how cancers and other forms of diseases and illnesses can be cured by eating clean. Well holy shit! CrossFit has cured cancer!... puh-lease. Anywho, I know a lot of people disagree with Paleo and Zone, and sometimes I am one of those people. But it has worked for me in the past, and I am a fan of anything that gets me to eat clean, fresh, natural food. It's not perfect, but it's a starting point.

With the remainder of the weekend, I checked out an inflatable luminarium, the Olympic Swim Trials, and got a haircut (Much needed. Mirror Mirror on the Wall told me I was the scariest of them all). It still really sucks that I don't know anyone here, but I'm trying to make the best of it. Treat every weekend here like a "stay-cation". Explore explore explore!


1 comment:

  1. You should watch forks over knives. Whole documentary on how eating a plant based diet can completely change your health. It was really interesting.

    ReplyDelete