2012/07/25

2012.07.24 - FOOD and Roasted Butternut Squash

Once I open a package of meat, I like to finish it within a few days. Any longer than that, I get weirded out that it's been sitting for so long. So, plan on seeing a few more meals with kielbasa in the near future... like my breakfast.  I ate eggs, kielbasa, salsa, and guac.


For lunch, I reheated the remaining pad thai, and topped it off with kimchi for some crunch. Thai/Korean fushion? I liked it.


Dinner included another semi-homemade ingredient. I bought pre-cut butternut squash from Trader Joe's - now, if you've ever had butternut squash, you know that it is super yummy and easy to prepare, but you also know that it is a total b!tch to cut.  I've bought a whole squash before, and let it sit in the fridge for weeks because I was too lazy to deal with it ($ down the drain).


The chunks were fairly large, so I just took a knife and cut them down into bite-sized pieces. I set the oven to 400 degrees, and tossed the squash with olive oil, salt, and pepper.


Into the oven for 45 minutes (toss every 15), and you've got roasted golden delight!


I sauteed some kielbasa with fresh spinach leaves in olive oil.


Threw in an egg for some more protein, and plated it all together with salsa and guac.  Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment